The OMPlanet Network Model
The OMPlanet network offers the genome of natural organisations: fractal stacking and intercommunication of networks at different levels to grow an ecosystem of interconnected self-organized social networks, in simple words a network of networks.
We will use the planetary system analogy to help explain the architecture of the network ecosystem.
Here, the nodes that constitute the network are the OMPlanet platforms, represented as the planets. Each user, organization or community can have its own hosted planet and it will belong to its community. On their collectively owned planet the users can control their private data and applications of interaction.
Users will be able to interact with each other within their planet as well as with users of other planets. Planets support 1 to 12 different dimensions of interaction that include social networking, file sharing, offering services, banking, etc. Users can also interact across different dimensions of interaction, wherever such interoperability is possible.
The advantages of the OMPlanet planetary system is that it is community-centric - each group of users controls its own planet with its data and services, it is poly-centric - all the ecosystem is federated between different communities/planets, and it is interoperable - there are agreements between different dimensions of interaction within and between the planets.
The OMPlanet network has a distributed model of interlinked data systems that expose, exchange and share data among different systems in the network and outside of its boundaries based on decentralized standard descriptions.
The decentralized standard descriptions enable data portability and toolchain interoperability among different database systems, web services and applications. Describing the OMPlanet network ecosystem is similar to an ontology modelling using the RDF specification recommended by W3C. It specifies a set of 12 dimensions each of them representing a specific group of social objects (e.g people, places, events, etc.):
- 12 Dimensions - the 12 dimensions of the OMPlanet network ecosystem.
The GeoSocial Real-time Radar
The migration of web services from the PCs to mobile devices brings in new dynamics into interaction. A new dimensional parameter has entered the scene - real time location information. To use the full potential of spatial information, OMPlanet is developing its own social radar called FreeSonar, it connects the dimensions of People, Places and Events in the OMPlanet network ecosystem.
FreeSonar helps to link the virtual world of the Web with the real world, encouraging to interact in real time at real places based on shared activities
- it is a GEOsocial network with new user interaction scenarios using GEOmetric pattern projections onto a GEOgraphic map.
- it has selective visibility features based on tags/keywords which provide better ways to solve user privacy concerns (users can choose to become visible to each other if they are sharing common interests for example).
- it is interoperable with a maximum number of web services - sharing places of interest, events in near proximity, organizing gatherings, transport sharing, etc.
- FreeSonar website, wiki page - Free Software Mobile GeoSocial Networking Application of OMPlanet network ecosystem.
The Starwheel Community Integration Framework
OMPlanet offers a concept of new taxonomy system of collaborative tagging (a folksonomy) called Starwheel based on Flower of Life geometry. One of the aspects is that each user or community creates a user centric tag-cloud of its own domain called Seed of Life which is then integrated into the main taxonomy called Flower of Life. This is a new way for content organisation, visualization and navigation:
- integrated Flower of Life taxonomy is a combination of all smaller "Seed of Life" taxonomies. Such organisation of tags provides cross-domain linking of people, places, events and other dimensions across the various web platforms in the network.
- Flower and Seed of Life user interfaces are interlinked tag-boards containing selective content contributed by each member or a group.
- it has ontology-oriented content navigation and search of people and open social media with intuitive content visualization arranged in geometric 2D and 3D patterns.
The Starwheel structures will be the common intuitive interfaces to serve as a link between different dimensions throughout OMPlanet network ecosystem.